HOW TO LOOK DRESSY IN BASIC CLOTHES


If you think to look dressy you need to put on the fanciest clothes from the most expensive labels, you're wrong! I always believe in the quote "less is more." The basic clothing items make for the most elegant looks with the aid of accessorising, confidence and the right attitude. Today, I'm sharing my tips on how to look dressy and elegant wearing the most basic clothes.

If you shop anything from Shein, use the coupon code "roseQ2" and enjoy ₹200 off orders over ₹2000.


1. Wear dark solid colors, black or white.
The impact that a burgundy, purple, marsala, bottle green, navy blue or black has, pastels don't. When you're trying to make a statement with basic clothes, opt for darker colors, if you want to go light, white is your best bet! Here I'm wearing this marsala top from Shein with a darker wash denim which has much more effect than for example, a pastel pink might have had. 

2. Avoid prints, instead focus on patterns.
When you're trying to look dressy and elegant, prints can't help you. Prints have a tendency to make you look casual, instead focus on patterns and cuts, like here I chose high low hem top which adds character to your look. 

3. Invest in statement accessories. 
Try investing in statement accessories like a belt or sunglasses or studded sandals or even an eye-catching bag! Adding accessories is a great way to compliment your look and set it aside from others. 
I added my Gucci Blooms belt to add some shape to the slouchy fit of the top, added my ivory bag and strappy block heels of the same color as my top. Paying attention to match such little details takes you a long way!









Click for links!
Charles and Keith Bag 
Miniso Sunglasses
Koovs Shoes

Love,
Shreya. 




Comments

Popular Posts