Midi-Skirting



Midi Skirts are extremely tricky to style, period. If given in the wrong hands it can look clumsy  and wrong. According to popular belief it cuts your height and can look unflattering but if you keep a few things in mind, you can rock a midi skirt no matter what body type or height you are! I'm going to share some tips I learnt on how to style a midi skirt. 

Length: Midi skirts can be of different lengths but the ideal one is the one that ends mid-calf. But that doesn't mean the ideal length works for everyone. I like my midi skirts to end a little below my knee. You can know what works for you only by trying different styles. But to give you an overview, if you're blessed with a great height definitely go for the skirt that ends mid- calf, but if you're comparatively shorter go for a shorter skirt to avoid cutting your height even more. 

Proportion: The biggest styling rule is proportion. If you don't get that right your outfits will always go wrong. So what's the proportion rule? If you're wearing something loose on the bottom, go for a fitted top. For an instance, If you're wearing palazzo pants you can't wear a loose top, you need to wear something fitted to give shape to your body. This rule applies for skirts as well. I paired my skirt with a slogan tee and tucked it in so it gave shape to my waist. 

Footwear: Heels are a must according to me while sporting a midi skirt as they are the best way to add height that the midi skirt might be cutting. 

{Pull and bear tee, Koovs skirt, Aldo Shades, Neckpiece (gift), Shein heels, Bag from Bandra, Cuff (old)}








Hope you found these tips helpful! 

Love, 
Shreya.

Comments

Popular Posts